This was a creation of mine last night that turned out really good. Since I didn’t plan on making it, I want to save it for later. So I might as well share it with the world via the internet.
- 1 package Farfalle pasta
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp butter
- 2 cups shitake mushrooms – chopped
- 1 large leek – chopped (the equivalent of 2 regular size leeks)
- 3 cloves garlic – pressed
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley – chopped
- 1½ cups milk
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 16 oz package of shredded Italian cheeses
- Salt and pepper
Prepare pasta according to package directions.
While pasta is cooking, saute leeks, mushrooms and garlic in olive oil and butter over medium heat (a little carmelization is good for flavoring). Once they are nice and soft, slowly add the milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add parsley, salt and pepper to taste (I use about 1 tbsp salt, 1 tbsp pepper). Simmer for about 15 minutes.
While sauce is simmering, preheat oven to 450° F. Pasta should be done by this point. Drain and put in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Stir in the cottage cheese so the pasta is evenly coated with it.
Once sauce is finished simmering, evenly pour it over the pasta. Cover with the shredded cheese. Bake for about 15 minutes (or until cheese turns golden).
- Add chopped chicken
- Add artichokes
- Make it “All American”, use white instead of shitake mushrooms, onions instead of leeks, and add some ground beef. And of course, shredded cheddar cheese.
- Add asparagus