The following is a list of my favorite wedding gifts. Some of them I registered for, some of them I didn’t. So if you’re trying to figure out what to put on your wedding registry, hopefully this will help.
Suggestions when creating your registry:
- Register for some low priced items. I got many of these smaller gifts bundled with gift cards.
- Make sure you have the typical gift brackets covered and an even amount of items in the three brackets : Less than $50, $50 -$100, $100+
- Mostly place items on your list that you would never purchase yourself but you’ve always wanted.
- Most people send you your gifts ahead of time, especially when they purchase them online. So we registered for items that we wanted/needed for the wedding, too. (We had our wedding in our backyard, so everything needed to be brought in or rented)
My favorite gifts:
- Mario Batali Panini Grill and Press, Pesto – we use this quite frequently. My husband realized that he likes grilled vegetable sandwiches! Other recommended brands: Le Creuset Enameled Cast-Iron Panini Press and Skillet Grill Set, Metro Cast Iron Panini Press
- KitchenAid KHB300 Hand Blender– I didn’t register for this exact one, but I wish I had. I’ve used it, its awesome – WAY better than the one I got. Although, I’ll still take the crappy one I have over not having one at all.
- Waring Pro WMK300A Professional Stainless-Steel Belgian Waffle Maker – I definitely didn’t register for this, but luckily someone gave us this. We use this a lot more than I ever thought we would. About once a month, we have waffle Sunday. My husband makes the batter from scratch and we have a smorgasborg!
- Bamboo Professional Butcher Block with Chopping Mats – can’t tell you how nice it is to have a really good cutting surface combined with the chopping mats. NO more worries about whether or not I remembered to cut the meat last and vegetables first.
- Propane Patio Heater – It was almost the same price as renting one. Now we have one and it gets used quite a lot.
- Thermos Beverage Pot with Pump Dispenser – We used this to dispense coffee long after the reception was over. Since the wedding, we’ve used it for hot apple cider and iced tea.
- Water Cooler Bottle and Dispenser – Technically we used a different one, but if I was to do it over, I’d register for this one. We set up the water dispenser right next to the bar.
- Stemless wine glasses (Set of 6 with 2 Bonus Glasses) – one can never have enough glasses when one is a klutz! I have broken more glasses than anyone should. Fortunately, I have not broken a stemless glass… yet. They’re incredibly stylish and at such good prices, you actually don’t care if some get broken.