Now that its been a couple of months, I’d like to share some of my favorite items used in feeding my child.
- Baby Feeding Bags – see my article for reviews and why I like them so much.
- Soft-Tip Infant Spoons by Munchkin – Between these and the Gerber Soft Bite Infant Spoon, I really like the Munchkin better. They fit into jars easier and my son really likes the bright colors. After we finish, we let him hold the spoon to practice and get used to it. These are much easier for him.
- Baby Cubes 2 oz Storage Containers – I do buy some store bought food, but I also make some of it myself (it is significantly cheaper to make and its really easy). I like these for freezing and then taking with me. I take them with me while they are frozen and they defrost within a couple of hours. I don’t keep my purees very liquid. I prefer to add more water later so I haven’t had a leakage issue (as of yet).
- Trudeau Strainer/Steamer with Lid – This steamer is so easy to use and I love having a lid for it. On my old steamer, my pot lids never fit so it seemed to take longer. Now, a large batch of sweet potatoes cook up in about 15 minutes.
- Bumkins Waterproof SuperBibs – These bibs rock. Not only do they come in super cute patterns (I really like the Bumkins Keith Haring designs) but they work really well. I keep one of these in my meals on the go kit in my diaper bag.
- Tovolo Perfect Cube Silicone Ice Cube Tray – I have a tendency to make a lot of food at one time, so I put extra in these. Once it is frozen, I run a little bit of warm water over the bottom of the tray and I pop out the cubes and store them in some freezer containers for later.