Went for DS’ 6 month appointment today and here is a brief recap of his milestones:
- Its official – we can give him solid food. I’ve been looking forward to this for awhile. How I’ve known he’s been ready:
- Sleep at night has gotten shorter because he’s hungrier
- Feeding much more instead of less frequently
- If someone is eating in his sight he stares and loses all interest in anything else other than the food eater
- Has started picking things up with his pointer and thumb (pincer grasp)
- Smacks his lips when he sees someone eating
- He has a tooth!
- Got his flu shots today. Been looking forward to that (seriously, I have) because I didn’t feel comfortable taking him to the park until he got them.
- Still doesn’t like tummy time, so he’s not really rolling over. He can do it and he’ll do it sometimes, but for the most part, he likes to lay on his back and gets really pissed off if you put him on his tummy.
- Sits in the tripod position or fully seating without support for about 5-15 minutes.
- Started holding his bottle while feeding (breastmilk is in the bottle)
So even though he is a little late on a couple of his milestones, he’s really so much fun to be around and he’s a very healthy boy!